Saturday 16 April 2011

Ola (Mylittleponys)'s Favourite Record: Rattlesnakes

In the run up to Record Store Day, we will be running a series of posts featuring various members of the Lazy Acre Family talking about their favourite records. This installment features Ola from MyLittlePony (who will be playing a live set this evening) talking about the awesome Lloyd Cole...

It's impossible to choose one record an say it's my favourite one. I can however choose one record and say that it's really good, and one of my favourite ones. I choose "Rattlesnakes" by Lloyd Cole and The Commotions. It was recommended to me by a professor when I studied litterature. Needless to say this was a very cool professor, and this record has stayed with me since.



It's just such a great example of intelligent simplicity, which in the end is what I think pop music might be all about. That and sensitivity, but that somehow comes a bit easier it seems.

Managing to be intelligent in a simple way. Lloyd Cole does that very well, and for every one who hasn't heard this album it's time to get into it, if nothing else just for the feeling of adding more debth when singing a long to fellow Glasgow band Camera Obscura's "Hey Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken"

Dont forget to keep checking back through the day for live sessions, competitions, guest posts from Lazy Acre Artists and some special Record Store Day releases

No comments:

Post a Comment