Friday 15 April 2011

Uno's Favourite Record: Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness....

In the run up to Record Store Day, we will be running a series of posts featuring various members of the Lazy Acre Family talking about their favourite records. This installment features Uno Moller who gets all misty eyed about the Smashing Pumpkins...

I remember seeing the 'Bullet With Butterfly Wings' video on TV when it first came out, and my jaw dropped to the ground. I was only into punk at the time, like NOFX, Propagandhi, Pennywise and those kind of bands. I got my dad to buy me the album right away. Of all the 28 tracks on the album, I only liked 'Bullet…' at first.

Slowly one song after another started to grow on me and became more and more amazing, and it turned out to be an album that really opened the door into a new world for me, both in music and in everything else. Every time I hear the first piano chord of 'Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness', I'm right back to some strange magical place, like the first time I heard it. Still, today, it's one of my absolute favourite albums.



I don't listen to it that much anymore, but when I do, I can't listen to anything else for a week. I think it still stands out and sounds great and interesting. And I still discover new elements and clever details in the songs that you rarely find in music today. I love everything about it! The cover art, the videos, the 'aeroplane flies high' single box…everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment